Take your copywriting craft to the next level with an emphasis on fundraising and other direct response campaigns. Learn how to write with clarity and emotion for the benefit of your readers and your mission. You will learn the real-world practicalities of writing copy to a deadline, for a specific audience and with the needs and complexities of your organisation in mind. The primary focus will be on direct response communication for appeals and activism campaigns.
What you’ll learn
- Understand how to prioritise information and audience needs
- Know what copy makes an audience respond, or turn away
- Understand the opportunities and restrictions of specific channels (eg. digital, direct mail, video, outdoor advertising)
- Be better equipped to manage the needs of donors, case studies, beneficiaries and internal stakeholders in your organisation.
Who is this course for?
- Anyone who writes copy and contributes to messaging for fundraising, campaigning or other supporter communications
- Anyone working for a charity, not-for-profit or supplier to the fundraising sector who is responsible for writing copy and communications
- Anyone who’d like to be more confident when briefing or assessing copy provided by other writers.
Dates and Time
1 June 2023
9.00am – 4.30pm AEST
*This class is now full. Registrations have closed.
If you would like to be put on a waitlist please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Non member $665
25 October 2023
9.00am – 4.30pm AEDT
Non member $665
This course relates to the following aspects of the FIA Code of Conduct:
- FIA Code 4 Conduct towards Donors by examining how communicators in the NFP sector can find themselves challenged to meet their ethical obligations to donors, and the needs of their employers.
- FIA Code 5 Conduct towards Beneficiaries by considering scenarios where this conduct may be challenged, and support attendees to navigate any challenges in ethical and appropriate ways.
Full participation in Copywriting for Impact is applicable for up to 7.5 continuing education points in Category 1.B – Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
Mary Anne Plummer has been writing copy all her professional life – for television news, then mainstream advertising, and now for the charity sector. She is Creative Director at Exuberance, where she leads a team of talented writers who craft words that change things for good.
Mary Anne is known for her clear, straightforward and enthusiastic approach to creative work. Over the course of her career, she’s had to write her way out of all sorts of tricky problems – and she’s looking forward to helping you with yours.
Click here for FIA Education terms and conditions