The FIA Board set a new strategic plan late last year and a key area is the continued objective to develop a robust community of fundraising practitioners focused on best practices.
We’re delighted that we have a significant-sized membership group of over 7,000 individuals passionately devoted to advancing their profession and adhering to the FIA Code. However, developing smaller groups centred around a common cause or a particular area is also important.
FIA currently helps support a number of these groups and you can find more information on our website here Special Interest Groups for professional fundraisers – Fundraising Institute Australia (fia.org.au). These are primarily user groups convening around a particular function of fundraising and are well-received by the entire fundraising community.
This year FIA is launching three new Special Member Groups around specific areas of fundraising, providing opportunities for Members to meet, share knowledge, skills, and, experience and network around the unique challenges and issues of their causes. The Groups identified are:
- Healthcare Philanthropy
- Fundraising in Arts and Cultural Organisations (next meeting 12 Sept @ 1pm AEST)
- Higher Education Fundraising and Philanthropy
The objectives of these new groups are:
- To bring together like-minded subgroups of the membership in key sub-sector areas for fundraising
- To encourage collaboration and connectivity
- To consider opportunities for additional resources and/or training to meet the needs of the Group
- To provide added value of FIA Membership
These will be national groups, convening roughly once per quarter via Zoom.
If you are interested in joining any of these groups and would like the an invitation to their next meeting, please get in touch at email@example.com. All FIA members are invited!