“Being a member of the FIA allows Ethiopiaid to demonstrate to our supporters our commitment to being a professional and ethical fundraising organization, and having the support of the FIA means that we can be confident of keeping abreast of industry trends and current legislation. Just as importantly FIA membership provides access to valuable networking and professional development opportunities and the opportunity to be part of a wider group of fundraising professionals.”
Sharon Elliott, CEO, Ethiopiaid
Fundraising Institute Australia supports organisations who know the value of professional fundraising and strive for ethical best practice in fundraising. We support your entire fundraising team in helping them to achieve greater outcomes and bigger impact.
FIA provides sector standards and guidance including professional development to achieve ethical best-practice fundraising. Being part of the FIA community allows for deep connection and sharing of knowledge and skills that support you and your fundraising team.
By being an organisational member of FIA, you send a strong signal to your donors, beneficiaries and stakeholders that you take very seriously your responsibility in striving to achieve ethical best practice fundraising.
Here is how FIA membership helps your organisation be successful:
- The latest information on regulatory issues and an opportunity to influence and work with the peak body on issues that impact our sector
- The FIA Code – a set of ethical best practice guidelines to ensure transparency and accountability for professional fundraising
- Ability to use the FIA Organisational Member Logo as a mark of credibility
- Entry to the FIA Awards for Excellence in Fundraising
- Proactive public relations and advocacy taking place on your behalf that supports and promotes ethics and best practice in fundraising
- Important updates and information through our member bulletins and alerts for all your fundraising team
- Member only offers, webinars, evidence-based research, white papers, tools and templates through the FIA Member Portal for your entire fundraising team
- Discounts for professional development and networking opportunities for your whole team
- Expert help and advice on fundraising issues saving you time and money
- Access to the FIA’s national mentoring program for your team
- Connections to the fundraising community including the sharing of knowledge, skills and experience
What is the investment?
Organisational Membership fees are based on private fundraising (donations and bequests) income only for your last annual financial or calendar year.
FIA Membership runs annually from 1 July – 30 June. While the annual period for joining has passed, you may wish to apply to join for the last half of the membership year. The fees for membership for the period from January to 30 June will be pro-rated. FIA will contact you regarding renewal for the full 2022-2023 membership year in late April 2022.
Full annual fees are as follow:
The pro-rated fees will appear in the dropdown menu when you apply. Click here.