“Being a member of the FIA allows Ethiopiaid to demonstrate to our supporters our commitment to being a professional and ethical fundraising organization, and having the support of the FIA means that we can be confident of keeping abreast of industry trends and current legislation. Just as importantly FIA membership provides access to valuable networking and professional development opportunities and the opportunity to be part of a wider group of fundraising professionals.”
Sharon Elliott, CEO, Ethiopiaid
Fundraising Institute Australia supports organisations who know the value of professional fundraising and strive for ethical best practice in fundraising. We support your entire fundraising team in helping them to achieve greater outcomes and bigger impact.
FIA provides sector standards and guidance including professional development to achieve ethical best-practice fundraising. Being part of the FIA community allows for deep connection and sharing of knowledge and skills that support you and your fundraising team.
By being an organisational member of FIA, you send a strong signal to your donors, beneficiaries and stakeholders that you take very seriously your responsibility in striving to achieve ethical best practice fundraising.
The 3 ways we help you be successful
- The latest information on regulatory issues and an opportunity to influence and work with the peak body on issues that impact our sector
- The FIA Code – a set of ethical best practice guidelines to ensure transparency and accountability for professional fundraising
- Ability to use the FIA Organisational Member Logo as a mark of credibility
- Entry to the FIA Awards for Excellence in Fundraising
- Proactive public relations and advocacy taking place on your behalf that supports and promotes ethics and best practice in fundraising
- Important updates and information through our member bulletins and alerts for all your fundraising team
- Member only offers, webinars, evidence-based research, white papers, tools and templates through the FIA Member Portal for your entire fundraising team
- Discounts for professional development and networking opportunities for your whole team
- Expert help and advice on fundraising issues saving you time and money
- Access to the FIA’s national mentoring program for your team
- Connections to the fundraising community including the sharing of knowledge, skills and experience
What is the investment?
FIA Membership runs from 1 July – 30 June. We are currently taking applications and renewals for our 2021-2022 membership year. Membership cost is based on private fundraising (donations and bequests) income only for your last annual financial or calendar year.
FIA Membership for 2021/2022 is now open. Apply here.