Improve your writing skills and connect with your audience on a personal level. We will help you prepare compelling communications for engaging, inspiring and motivating your donors. This course will give you hands-on experience so you can craft copy specifically for breakthrough fundraising.
What you’ll learn
- The techniques and mechanics of writing effectively
- How to write clearly and concisely with a specific audience in mind
- How to craft letters, emails, headlines and a ‘call to action’
- How to produce compelling copy for fundraising campaigns.
Who is this course for?
- Anyone in fundraising who would like to improve their writing techniques to engage with donors and volunteers
- People already working in the not-for-profit sector but are new to copywriting for fundraising
- People who are new to the fundraising sector with little or no knowledge of copywriting techniques
- Fundraisers in regional centres who would like to improve their copywriting techniques.
Dates and Time
4 May 2022
9.00am – 5.00pm AEST
Non member $635
3 & 4 August 2022
9.00am – 1.00pm AEST
Non member $635
This course relates to the following aspects of the FIA Code of Conduct:
- FIA Code 4.0 Conduct towards donors by informing professional marketers and communicators in the NFP sector about their obligations when writing with intention to achieve a particular outcome. FIA Code 5.0 Conduct towards Beneficiaries by considering what is acceptable, ethical, and effective copywriting.
Full participation in Copywriting Essentials is applicable for up to 5 continuing education points in Category 1.B – Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
Meet the presenter
Natalie Khoo is the Founder and Director of Avion, a global content strategy and copywriting agency. Since starting her business in Melbourne in 2009, she has developed key messaging for many clients in the non-profit sector including UNICEF, Kidney Health Australia, and the Plastic Free July Foundation. An articulate, confident, and experienced speaker, Natalie has facilitated many content workshops and presented for Academy Xi, Business Victoria, Monash University, and South By Southwest EDU. Natalie is passionate about sharing her knowledge and her one and a half decades of professional writing and advertising experience with others.
Click here for FIA Education terms and conditions