I’m a professional fundraiser and proud of it! I’ve been an individual member of FIA for over 15 years. It is really important to me as a professional fundraiser that I am recognised as such, and belonging to FIA gives me current knowledge on best-practice ethical fundraising methods and the FIA Code. I believe it is also helpful that the donors I interact with have the confidence of knowing I belong to a national peak-body with a solid international reputation.
Victoria Bonsey MFIA | Philanthropy Manager – National Lead | Australian Cancer Research Foundation
In addition to representing most of Australia’s charitable organisations, FIA also supports individual fundraisers through our Professional Membership. This allows the fundraiser to proudly use a Member suffix acknowledging their personal commitment to best-practice fundraising. It is a sign of credibility, and trust in the eyes of peers, employers, benefactors, donors and other stakeholders.
Many FIA Member organisations understand the value of Professional Membership and cover the costs for their nominated contacts and other key fundraising staff.
FIA hosts exclusive events for Professional Members to share their challenges, learning and successes to increase the overall impact of their fundraising.
We also offer the chance to be more involved with FIA by way of joining the state committees who convene professional development and networking events each year. Being part of the FIA Professional membership community allows for connection and sharing of knowledge giving members an extra level of support.
How FIA Membership helps your success as a fundraiser:
- Free access to Practice Notes and Code updates that promote standards to protect fundraising
- The latest information on regulatory issues and an opportunity to work with the peak body to influence changes in your area of expertise
- Use of the FIA Professional Member Logo and professional Member suffix (AFIA, MFIA, FFIA, EMFIA, Emeritus) as a mark of credibility and confidence representing your professional identity
- Your name, organisation and email will be acknowledged on FIA’s website so you are recognised as a Professional Member. You do have the option to opt out of this listing should you wish.
- Eligibility to participate in the FIA Awards for Excellence in Fundraising
- FIA’s proactive public relations and advocacy on your behalf to promote ethics and best practice in fundraising
- Important updates and information through our regular Member bulletins, policy & regulatory updates
- Member only offers, events, webinars, research, white papers, tools and templates
- Reduced rates for professional development and networking opportunities
- 20% discount on CFRE qualification
- Expert help and advice on fundraising issues saving time and money
- Participation in the FIA national mentoring program
- Exclusive access to the FIA online Member portal providing valuable resources, white papers, templates, reports and other helpful fundraising tools
- Connections to the fundraising community to share knowledge, skills and experience
What is the investment?
FIA Professional Members have exclusive use of the Member suffix to show their commitment to professional fundraising. Further, professional membership fees are significantly less for fundraisers employed by an FIA organisational Member.
Membership runs annually from 1 July – 30 June. FIA contacts all active members to confirm membership renewal each year.
Annual fees are as follows:
|Professional Membership Fee||Employed by an FIA Organisational Member||Employed by a non FIA member|
|Less than two years fundraising experience||$175||$375|
|Two years or more fundraising experience||$195||$490|