Get equipped with the tools to get started on an effective gifts in Wills fundraising program that can provide your organisation with a long-term financial future. Learn how to develop a gift in Wills toolkit including a case for support and understand who to approach and how to approach them. This is a self-paced online course that will easily fit in with your fundraising schedule.
Self-paced over 3 months via our online learning portal for those who are strong independent learners who like a longer timeframe. The course is approximately 12 hours study. You have the option to complete the course in less than 3 months.
Module 1: An Introduction to Gifts in Wills
Module 2: Understanding the GIW donor
Module 3: Planning a GIW program
Module 4: Communication Tools
Module 5: Program Implementation
Module 6: Estate Administration
What you’ll learn
- Understand donor motives for leaving a charitable gift in their Will
- How a gifts in Wills program fits into your total fundraising strategy
- How to identify your best gifts in Wills prospects
- How to develop your gifts in Wills pipeline
- How to build a stewardship program to ensure you retain and engage prospects
- Your role and how to measure success.
Who is this course for?
- Anyone new to gifts in Wills fundraising
- Fundraisers with limited experience of gifts in Wills fundraising
- Anyone who wants to start a gifts in Wills program in their charitable organisation
- Anyone whose gifts in Wills program is relatively new and who is looking for ways to enhance it.
Dates and Time
Available to start anytime
Access to materials:
3 months self-paced
(Approx. 12 hours of study)
Non member $350
As we transition to a new learning management platform and some course updates, enrolments are currently paused for this course until June 2023.
Please get in touch with email@example.com should you have any questions or wish to be on a waiting list to enrol.
This course relates to the following aspects of the FIA Code of Conduct:
- FIA Code 3.0 Ethical conduct, 4.0 Conduct towards Donors, 5.0 Conduct towards Beneficiaries.
Full participation in Gifts in Wills Essentials is applicable for up to 7.5 continuing education points in Category 1.B – Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
Click here for FIA Education terms and conditions