Get equipped with the tools to get started on an effective Gifts in Wills fundraising program that can provide your organisation with a long-term financial future. Learn how to develop a gift in Wills toolkit, including a case for support and understand who to approach and how to approach them. This is a self-paced online course that will easily fit in with your fundraising schedule.
The e-Learning course materials can be accessed via the Learning Hub for three months for those who are strong independent learners who like a longer timeframe. The course is approximately 12 hours of study. You have the option to complete the course in less than three months.
Module 1: An Introduction to Gifts in Wills
Module 2: Understanding the GIW donor
Module 3: Planning a GIW program
Module 4: Communication Tools
Module 5: Program Implementation
Module 6: Estate Administration
What you’ll learn
- Understand donor motives for leaving a charitable gift in their Will
- How a Gifts in Wills program fits into your total fundraising strategy
- How to identify your best gifts in Wills prospects
- How to develop your gifts in Wills pipeline
- How to build a stewardship program to ensure you retain and engage prospects
- Your role and how to measure success.
Who is this course for?
- Anyone new to gifts in Wills fundraising
- Fundraisers with limited experience of gifts in Wills fundraising
- Anyone who wants to start a gifts in Wills program in their charitable organisation
- Anyone whose gifts in Wills program is relatively new and who is looking for ways to enhance it.
Early Bird — 15% off from 22 Dec 2023 – 8 Mar 2024
Early Bird Code EB2024
Enter the discount code at checkout to receive the promotional price.
Below, you will find instructions for the FIA Learning Hub & course information for 2024.
Before registering anyone for the course, you must ask the person to set up a Log In or Sign Up in the FIA Learning Hub. Instructions are below.
Need more help?
Video Instruction: How to register for a course via the FIA Learning Hub
Available to start anytime
Access to materials:
3 months e-Learning
(Approx. 12 hours of study)
Early Bird Code – EB2024
Super Early Bird
Non member $288
Non member $306
Non member $360
Before registering anyone for the course, you must ask the person to set up a Log In or Sign Up in the FIA Learning Hub. Instructions are above.
This course relates to the following aspects of the FIA Code of Conduct:
- FIA Code 3.0 Ethical conduct, 4.0 Conduct towards Donors, 5.0 Conduct towards Beneficiaries.
Full participation in Gifts in Wills Essentials is applicable for up to 7.5 continuing education points in Category 1.B – Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
Click here for FIA Education terms and conditions