A big picture overview of Australia’s fundraising sector
Fundraising Essentials is the ‘101’ of fundraising – a big picture overview with practical tools to help get you started.
No fundraising course will give you so many of the basic principles in one day. The online version is also designed to be taken in a similar time-frame.
The course covers every aspect of fundraising at a high level, and is rich with best practice examples to bring the theory to life.
If you want to fast-track your knowledge of fundraising techniques and get some inspiration quickly – this is the course for you.
What you’ll learn
- How the fundraising sector works in Australia
- The key legislative responsibilities of fundraisers and non-profit organisations
- The motives behind donor’s generosity
- Fundraising channels, trends and methodologies
- Fundraising in terms of an overall strategy
- The role of data and people
- This course will give you the knowledge and skills to raise the effectiveness of your current fundraising activities and introduce new ones
- You will also get a chance to practice applying the techniques learned in-class using simulated examples, to give you the confidence to try them out in your own organisation
Who should attend
- People who are new to the fundraising sector and need a foundation course in fundraising practice, trends and techniques
- People already working in the sector who are taking on a fundraising role
- People who may be looking to broaden their scope and are wishing to explore other areas of fundraising
What people say
“Being new to the Fundraising industry this content was relevant, easy to understand and easy to apply in my role as a volunteer.”
|Staff of organisational member||$440||$355||$250|
Venues and Semester Two Course Dates
|City||Date||Early bird cut-off|
|Sydney||23 October||23 August||Register Now|
|Melbourne||26 October||26 August||Register Now|
|Brisbane||12 October||12 August||Register Now|
|Register for the ONLINE course here||Register now|
Click here for FIA course terms and conditions
The Fundraising Essentials course has an 8:45am arrival time for a 9:00am start; the day will finish at approximately 4:30pm.
Full participation in Fundraising Essentials is applicable for up to 7.5 continuing education points in Category 1.B – Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.