Build strong foundations in fundraising excellence.
In this course you will learn important knowledge and skills that will underpin your fundraising career. In ways that brings theory to life, you will gain practical tools to help get you started as a fundraiser; covering key principles in ethical fundraising, the basics of fundraising practice and best practice fundraising methods. Discover practical fundraising principles and techniques so you can hit the ground running in your fundraising role.
What you’ll learn
- How the Australian fundraising sector works
- Key regulations that impact fundraisers and not-for-profits
- Motivating factors of donor generosity and charitable giving
- Fundraising channels, trends and methodologies
- The role of quality data and people
Who is this course for?
- Anyone who is new to the fundraising sector with little or no knowledge of fundraising techniques and practice
- Anyone already working in the not for profit sector but is new to a fundraising role
- Anyone who may be looking to enter the charity and not-for-profit sector in a fundraising role
|Staff of organisational member||$440||$250|
Venues and starting dates
The in-class sessions have finished for 2019. Please keep an eye on the website for new sessions in 2020. The online course is available all year-round.
Click here for FIA course terms and conditions
The Fundraising Essentials course has an 8:45am arrival time for a 9:00am start; the day will finish at approximately 5:00pm.
Full participation in Fundraising Essentials is applicable for up to 7.5 continuing education points in Category 1.B – Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
Meet the tutors
Frances Cinelli (EMFIA)
Frances has over 20 years fundraising experience, with senior executive roles at Heart Foundation, Save the Children and Spine Care Foundation. More
Bianca Crocker (MFIA CFRE)
A Fundraising specialist since 2005, Bianca founded her own consultancy in 2011. She was FIA 2012 Young Fundraiser of the year. More
Andrew Sabatino MFIA
Andrew has over 15 years’ fundraising experience in Australia and the UK. He has worked across many sectors, including seven years at Guide Dogs SA/NT. More