Australia’s most comprehensive fundraising course: giving you the crucial knowledge and training needed to become a professional fundraiser.
The Certificate in Fundraising is the cornerstone of FIA’s Core Education curriculum which you can undertake either in-class or online.
You will cover every aspect of fundraising in considerable depth, with great case studies to learn from and numerous opportunities to practice new skills through exercises and assignments.
The Certificate course is your most comprehensive opportunity to broaden your knowledge of fundraising using every channel.
What you’ll learn
- The state of fundraising in Australia and the motives for giving
- How to develop a fundraising plan with realistic objectives and strategies
- Creating a case for support and the value of storytelling
- Using offline and online channels to acquire new donors and develop relationships
- Nurturing high value donors, gifts in wills and corporates
- Managing teams and measuring performance
- How to maximise your personal effectiveness and career prospects
Who is this course for?
- Fundraisers new to the profession or with a couple of years of experience
- Fundraisers wanting to consolidate their existing skills with formal training
- Fundraisers who want to learn new skills beyond their existing specialty
|Staff of organisational member||$2,540||$2,030||$2,320|
Venues and starting dates for in-class
For venue information, click below the relevant city location.
Early bird cut-off: 1 March
|City||Certificate Module 1|
|2 & 3 April||Apply Now|
|3 & 4 April||Apply Now|
|2 & 3 Apil||Apply Now|
|City||Certificate Module 2|
|Sydney||13 & 14 May|
|Melbourne||15 & 16 May|
|Brisbane||14 & 15 May|
|City||Certificate Module 3|
|Sydney||18 & 19 June|
|Melbourne||19 & 20 June|
|Brisbane||18 & 19 June|
Apply for the ONLINE Certificate here
Click here for FIA course terms and conditions
Full participation in the Certificate in Fundraising is applicable for up to 59 continuing education points in Category 1.B – Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
Meet the tutors
Andrew Sabatino (MFIA)
Andrew has over 15 years’ fundraising experience in Australia and the UK. He has worked across many sectors, including seven years at Guide Dogs SA/NT. More
Bianca Crocker (MFIA CFRE)
A Fundraising specialist since 2005, Bianca founded her own consultancy in 2011. She was FIA 2012 Young Fundraiser of the year. More
Maisa de Pavia
An activist at heart, Maisa is an experimental marketer. Her vision is to be a social change agent for better technologies, equality and education at a global level, via the distribution of wealth through sustainable fundraising. More
Daniel Bernstein (MFIA)
Daniel is a fundraising consultant with FundraisingForce, after many years in the NFP sector including 3 years as a trainer at fundraising software specialist Blackbaud. More
Marcus Blease (MFIA)
Prior to setting up his own agency Donor Republic, Marcus held senior fundraising roles with Cerebral Palsy Alliance, Cancer Council and others. More
Heiko Plange-Korndoerfer (FFIA CFRE)
Heiko has extensive experience in implementing strategic fundraising programs, and is Director of Harry Perkins Institute of Medical Research. More