How to Create Fundraising Communications for Impact
This course has finished for 2019. Early bird prices and dates for 2020 will be available in December 2019.
Develop fundraising communications for maximum impact!
Raising income requires fundraisers who can identify what needs to change to improve the likelihood of a supporter giving again and again. Each communication that a fundraiser develops has the potential to enhance or ruin a relationship, and so must be scrutinised as it is developed. In this course you will learn techniques for developing and protecting ideas that will propel your fundraising communications into a distinctive position all of their own.
FIA has partnered with Marlin Communications to present you with real-life case studies and academically-researched aspects of marketing and fundraising, as well as gain practical experience in developing unique communications that will enable to stand apart from your peers.
What you will learn
- Three models that combine to inform a charity’s creative strategy.
- A tried-and-tested process used by industry experts to oversee the development of communications from start-to-finish that can be replicated for any communication project.
- Sources for finding an audience insight and a proven methodology for how to incorporate that into the development of a clear proposition.
- Examples of the creative ideas required for different fundraising objectives, and tools and techniques to improve your team’s ability to evaluate creative work such as concepts, copy and design.
Who is this course for?
- Sole fundraisers, fundraising managers or team leaders with responsibility for a range of fundraising
- Experienced fundraisers working as specialists in community fundraising, individual giving, and bequests
- Charity brand / communication managers seeking to understand how they can support their organisation to achieve long-term fundraising growth
- Experienced corporate marketers looking to switch into fundraising as a career
Meet the Presenters
Dan Geaves and Karl Tischler are the Directors of Marlin Communications – the most experienced creative agency dedicated to for-purpose organisations in Australia and New Zealand.
Representing both the strategic and executional sides of creativity, Dan and Karl’s shared passion is making useful, thoughtful communications that raise eyebrows, evoke smiles, or provoke tears whilst inspiring support for causes. Combined they have worked with over 150 charities in Australia, New Zealand, Ireland and the UK.
Dan is a highly regarded workshop facilitator and the driving force behind Marlin’s growth to become a boutique advertising agency developing multi-channel campaigns for charities such as Vinnies and Bush Heritage. He is a qualified psychologist and passionate about the role creativity can play in shifting the perceptions of stakeholders and audiences alike to bring about social change.
Karl is an experienced designer, storyteller and presenter. He is the Founding Director of Marlin and the instigator of the company’s focus on ethical and sustainable business practises. Through his efforts Marlin has been certified as one of Australia’s first B-Corp companies, and the winner of the City of Sydney’s CitySwitch environmental awards. He is a passionate activist and alumni of the Australian Progress Fellowship.
Click here for FIA course terms and conditions
Full participation in How to Create Fundraising Communications for Impact is applicable for up to 7.5 continuing education points in Category 1.B – Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.