What is Your Story?
Captivate your audience and write for emotion!
Course level: Entry
Stories captivate, illuminate and educate. Stories make us human, connect us and make the complex clear. For fundraisers, they also have the power to evoke emotions that lead to action. This makes powerful storytelling a critical part of a fundraiser’s role. This engaging one-day workshop will help you find and tell your story – a story that will resonate deeply with your supporters and move them to act. This course is presented in conjunction with F&P to bring storytelling excellence to your fundraising practice.
What you’ll learn
- Elements that make powerful and real stories, and classic story structure
- How to craft a good story: what elevates a good story to a great story
- Where and how to find your story
- How to tell the ‘big’ story: the story that is at the heart of your cause and your mission
- How to tell the ‘small’ stories: the stories that fuel your campaigns
- Who should tell the story in your organisation
Who is this course for?
- Anyone who works in a smaller charity or small teams who have limited campaign budgets
- Small charities and not-for-profits with a handful of people managing “everything”
- Those new to promoting fundraising activities, developing campaigns, or raising brand awareness as part of their role
- Fundraisers who would like to craft a meaningful story to engage with their supporters
|16 October||Beaumont People|
Early Bird ends July 22
|Staff of Organisational Member||$590||$470|
Meet the Presenter:
For two decades Clare has told stories for a living. From huge publishing and media companies to tiny not-for-profits, she has worked with all manner of organisations, connecting them to their stakeholders, supporters, viewers and readers. Clare has degrees in law and psychology. She is currently the Editor-in-Chief of Fundraising & Philanthropy magazine.
Click here for FIA course terms and conditions
Full participation in What is Your Story? is applicable for up to 7.5 continuing education points in Category 1.B – Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.