There is no shortage of problems in the world and great organisations doing great work but building your profile and showcasing your work is critical to attracting the competitive philanthropic dollar.
You will learn from experienced journalists how to create a slate of stories based on singular themes targeted to specific media outlets, then the anatomy of a successful media release.
Does it have a case study as the emotional core, a partner to validate your claims and elevate your brand, and a call to action that is specific and has news hooks? Are you using a redundant ‘product/sales’ approach to your media releases, or a ‘problem/solution’ approach? Sales repels. Learn how to package up stories that will get picked up.
Participants will leave the session with a new understanding of the news cycle and how they can get their message across in any circumstances.
Who is this course for
- Fundraisers who are responsible for getting their stories into the media
- CEOs and Heads of fundraising of small to medium charities not-for-profits dealing with the media
- Charity staff responsible for PR, crafting media releases and packaging up their campaign and/or organisation’s stories
Dates and Time
14 July 2022
10.00am – 11.30am / 12.00pm AEST
Non member $215
This course relates to the following aspects of the FIA Code of Conduct:
- FIA Code 3. Ethical Conduct by considering the ethics of the story
- FIA Code 4. Conduct towards Donors by not exploiting children or any party in any way and is not false, misleading and likely to deceive.
Full participation in From Zero to Hero – how to get your stories in the media is applicable for up to 2 continuing education points in Category 1.B – Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
Founder and Principal Consultant of Good Talent Media Tony Nicholls is an accomplished journalist who has held roles for more than ten years with the ABC, SBS and Network Ten, covering thousands of news stories across Victoria, Australia and in the international media.
Tony has seen first-hand how the media landscape has evolved, changing the roles of journalists, politicians and media spokespeople. His deep experience of this demanding new digital media age places him ideally to deliver the up-to-the-minute media advice to achieve presence and results.
Click here for FIA Education terms and conditions