Understand how to effectively connect with and inspire your audience
Course level: Entry level
Copywriting Essentials is tailored for fundraisers who want to improve their writing skills and connect with their audience on a personal level. We will help you prepare compelling stories for engaging, inspiring and motivating your donors and give you hands-on experience so you can craft copy specifically for breakthrough fundraising.
What you’ll learn
- The techniques and mechanics of writing effectively
- How to write clearly and concisely with a specific audience in mind
- How to craft letters, emails, headlines and a ‘call to action’
- How to produce compelling stories for fundraising campaigns
Who is this course for?
- Anyone in fundraising that would like to improve their writing techniques to engage with donors and volunteers
- People already working in the not for profit sector but are new to copywriting for fundraising
- People who are new to the fundraising sector with little or no knowledge of copywriting techniques
- People who may be looking to enter the charity and not-for-profit sector in a fundraising role that will include copywriting
|Staff of organisational member||$590||$470|
For venue information, click the link below the relevant city location.
Early bird cut-off: 1 March
QIMR Berghofer Medical Research Institute
Guide Dogs SA/NT
Full participation in Copywriting Essentials is applicable for up to 7.5 continuing education points in Category 1.B – Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
Meet the Presenters
Frank Chamberlin (EMFIA)
Frank has been an FIA member for more than 20 years. Over the years, the copywriting business he founded, Action Words, has been engaged by dozens of fundraisers, particularly for writing fundraising letters. More