The aim of this course is to identify what is distinctive about your cause and gift in Wills programme; what value that has to your current supporters and how to develop the kind of communications materials that will support that.
After many years of practise and delivery of gift in Wills (GIW) communications materials, Marlin Communications has developed a framework called the ‘Eight loves of GIW fundraising’. This framework is based on a values-led approach and will be the first time presented in such a workshop.
Who is this course for?
- Experienced Gifts in Wills fundraisers.
- GIW fundraisers that want to develop a unique and bespoke GIW programme.
- Fundraisers looking to adapt or change their GIW programme.
- GIW managers and fundraisers who have approved GIW programme investment and want to know what options and next steps they should to consider.
This course relates to the following aspects of the FIA Code of Conduct:
- FIA Code 4.7 Conduct towards Donors by considering scenarios in identifying and communicating with people who may be in vulnerable circumstances
- FIA Code 5.1 Conduct towards Beneficiaries by considering conduct that maintains the integrity of and does not disparage a Beneficiary.
Full participation in How to create distinctive materials for your gift in Wills program is applicable for up to 3 continuing education points in Category 1.B – Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
Karl Tischler is the founder of Marlin Communications. He has over 20 years’ experience in direct marketing strategy and creative execution for charities and for-purpose organisations.
During this time he and his team have partnered with a wide variety of both small and large organisations to help raise many millions of dollars. Clients include Bush Heritage Australia, WWF, MSF, The Smith Family and Beyond Blue to name just a few. Many of the appeals and integrated campaigns he has overseen have won FIA and ADMA awards.
Karl is a big believer in the power of transformative creative; the kind of creative that inspires and engages audiences and helps organisations meet their missions. He is dedicated to delivering creative work that gets a response.
He has a particular enthusiasm and interest in Gifts in
Wills, and the profundity of what motivates audiences to make the ultimate
gesture of their commitment.
Click here for FIA Education terms and conditions