The winner of the 2018 Fish Scholarship has been announced!
Congratulations to Julia Brockhausen of Health Consumers NSW.
Health Consumers NSW represents the interests of patients, carers and their families in NSW. They believe in shaping a health system that listens to, respects, partners with and values health consumers
As the organisation’s highly experienced Communications Officer, Julia is perfectly placed to have a significant impact on the organisation’s future funding.
Julia will be awarded a place on FIA’s In-Class or Online Fundraising Essentials course during 2018.
About Fish Community Solutions:
Fish Community Solutions firmly believes in the power of education. Their business was built around the philosophy:
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime.
The Fish Scholarship, provided by Fish Community Solutions, is open to applicants who:
- are Australian fundraisers with less than five years’ professional fundraising experience;
- must be working at an organisation registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-Profit Commission; and
- are working for an organisation with an annual turnover of less than $500,000 p.a.
Applicants must also provide a suitable referee from their organisation who is happy to be contacted for a brief phone interview to discuss the perceived benefits of attending the course. For more information about the Fish Scholarship, please visit the Fish Community Solution’s website here.
The Fish Scholarship is provided by Fish Community Solutions and is open to Australian fundraisers with less than five years professional experience and working at an organisation with a turnover of less than $500,000 p/y.
The recipient is awarded a place on FIA’s Fundraising Essentials course.
Previous Scholarship Recipients:
- 2017 – Mandy Linsey, Smile from Me
- 2016 – Rachael Zaltron, Backpacks 4 SA Kids
- 2015 – Neal Taylor, CEO, Holy FoodInc, Lilydale VIC
- 2014 – Chantelle Baxter, Chief Inspiration Officer, One Girl, Melbourne VIC