FIA Foundation Scholarship
The FIA Foundation awards one Certificate in Professional Fundraising Scholarship each year. Scholarships have been awarded in recent years to dynamic and deserving recipients who have used the skills and knowledge learnt in the Certificate in Professional Fundraising course to expand their fundraising knowledge and expertise.
Applications for 2020 are now closed.
- Applicants must be a member of FIA, with a current full individual or organisational membership.
- Applicants must be able to commit to 6 months of study to undertake the FIA Certificate in Fundraising course commencing in 2020.
- Applicants must be able to commit to their studies outside of their work environment (e.g. out of work hours, during weekends, etc).
- Applicants must submit the completed Application Form along with their resume.
- Applicants must also provide a suitable referee from their organisation (e.g. CEO or Fundraising Director) who is happy to provide a Letter of Support.
Conditions of Scholarship
- The scholarship covers the cost of registration only. Any other costs (such as travel expenses) to attend the course must be met by the scholarship recipient.
- The scholarship must be undertaken in the specified time period. The course cannot be deferred.
- Should you require an extension to complete the Certificate in Professional Fundraising by the specified time period an extension fee will apply at your own expense. Extension Fees are as follows: $125 (2-3 months) or $250 (3-6 months). A maximum of two extensions will be granted.
- The recipient agrees to submit a written summary of their experience in completing the FIA Certificate in Fundraising and a Course Evaluation and Declaration Form no later than 30 days following completion. This will become the property of FIA and may be used for promotional purposes.
- The recipient agrees to be profiled for marketing and promotion purposes. This may include, but is not limited to, providing photos and profile information for FIA’s website, newsletters, advertising, social media accounts (including Facebook and Twitter) and other marketing collateral. We also request (if you haven’t already) that you ‘like’ the FIA Facebook Page to keep up to date with FIA news.
Courses will only run in the states specified if sufficient registrations are received – if your scholarship application is successful you may choose to complete the Certificate in Fundraising in another state or online.
Should you have any questions about the Scholarship or the FIA Certificate in Professional Fundraising, please contact the FIA Education and Professional Development team on 1300 889 670 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Amy Luhrs, Senior Fundraising Coordinator, LifeFlight Foundation
Louise Walpole, Development Coordinator, Muscular Dystrophy NSW
- NSW – Debra Almeida, Philanthropy Manager, WWF-Australia
- VIC – Jolene Molloy MFIA, Bequest Manager, Good Shepherd Australia/ New Zealand
- WA – Killian Feehan, Senior Business Development Manager, CauseForce
- NSW – Kylie Kingston , Coordinator & Service Director, Northern Rivers Preschool Alliance & Nimbin Preschool
- QLD – Will Kirsop, Brand Manager, CauseForce
- VIC – Stephanie Byrne, Fundraising and Resourcing Manager, Fusion Australia
- NSW – Victoria Bowring, Fundraising Assistant and Office Manager, Stillbirth Foundation Australia
- QLD – Kirstie Page, Development Manager, Topology
- VIC – Christopher Turner, CRM Administrator, Greening Australia
- TAS – Carla Johnson, Fundraising and Events Coordinator, Opita Inc
- WA – Ashleigh Brown, Fundraising Coordinator, PlusLife