Strengthen your professional development and progress your goals as part of our National Mentoring Program
The opportunity to participate in FIA’s National Mentoring Program is a major benefit offered to all FIA members. It is an aspirational program that seeks to provide an avenue for professional fundraisers to gain advice, offer support and improve their understanding of the not-for-profit sector.
The Mentoring Program is for mentors and mentees, so whether you want to make a contribution to the sector, or you want to grow your knowledge and skills the FIA Mentoring Program can help you.
Why become a Mentor?
- Gain personal satisfaction in helping someone grow professionally
- Share your insights, stories, experiences and life lessons with your mentee
- Develop your skill as a “teacher” – helping someone clarify their career goals
- Develop your skills as a “guide” – helping someone navigate the industry as a whole
- Develop your skills as a “advisor” – helping someone finding their strengths & weaknesses
- The opportunity to learn from your mentee
Why become a Mentee?
- Earn a caring ear to hear your triumphs as well as your frustrations
- Develop your skills as a “planner” – getting sharper focus on what’s needed for professional development.
- Develop your skills as a “learner” – getting new ways to acquire new skills
- Develop your skill as a “communicator” – improve your ability to express goals, concerns & expectations
- Drive your own development and gain honest feedback
- Learn what it’s like to be in different roles or higher-level positions
How it works:
Potential mentees and mentors are asked to fill out an application form. From there FIA matches you with a partner who will compliment your skill and experience. We then facilitate your relationship in order to ensure you both get the most out of the match. You will receive a welcome pack with supporting materials, participate in an Orientation webinar for mentors and mentees, and opportunities to network with other participants in the Mentoring program.
|Price:||Free for all FIA Members|
Applications open June 15 2019
Applications close July 31 2019
Express your interest at firstname.lastname@example.org.