Do you need help with your submission?
Get tips on crafting an award-winning application from Vicki Rasmussen FFIA CFRE, Fellow of Fundraising Institute Australia, experienced FIA Award Judge and well credentialed fundraising expert. Listen to the recording here.
Hear how an applicant can impress the judges with their submission from Ben Cox MFIA, member of the FIA Awards Committee, experienced FIA Awards Judge and award-winning fundraiser. Listen to the recording here.
Find out from a judges perspective how you can impress with your submission by Zoe Karkas FFIA, FIA Board Member, Fellow of FIA, experienced FIA Awards Judge and award-winning fundraiser. Listen to the recording here.
Hear insights into the importance of winning an FIA Award by Nigel Harris FFIA CFRE from Mater Foundation, one of FIA’s 2015 organisational award winners. Listen to the recording here.
Listen to insights into the importance of the Young Fundraiser of the Year Award by Ashlie Hirniak MFIA, one of FIA’s 2014 Young Fundraisers of the Year, FIA State Committee member and successful fundraiser. Listen to the recording here.
Read the following tips to ensure you make the most of your submission:
- FIA Awards Tip #1: Check, check and recheck – get fresh eyes to proof your submission
- FIA Awards Tip #2: Judges score against criteria. Dazzle with creativity AND tick the boxes
- FIA Awards Tip #3: Say what you mean – use direct language to deliver your message clearly
- FIA Awards Tip #4: It is not about how much the campaign raised but showing the effectiveness of the campaign
- FIA Awards Tip #5: Show that you did something different and innovative and not just the same campaign year after year
- FIA Awards Tip #6: Show strategic thinking: why was the campaign done that way (not just because it’s the same every year)
- FIA Awards Tip #7: Does your executive summary address how the fundraising activity fits into the organisation’s overall fundraising strategy?